Saturday 19 July 2014

More good reading to prepare technical interview


Yup. I decided to start re-learn basic computer science today but I ended up reading a lot of good article about technical interview. Well, it's not bad - not at all. Instead, it helped me understand better the point of technical interview. Understanding what the interviewers looking through either the phone interview or the on-site interview, will prepare me better how to tackle them. Of course, I still need to do more practice. So, these are the links I found good to read:

  1. How Braintree Interviews Exceptional Developers
  2. How to prepare for technical interviews PS: He also has a lot more interesting article to read
Of course, I didn't only read those articles. I also made some note like the questions they threw there or good suggestions they wrote.

The more I read these articles, the more I regretted myself. If only I did these study prior my interview, I would feel better now. I ONLY really regretted myself for not preparing myself for the technical interview. I still think it's better for me and my husband for not working in the same company :)

Btw, this is the main note:

  • Code test: gives the interviewer a fair bit of early insight into interviewee's approach to software development. Do interviewee write tests? Test first? How did interviewee tackle the problem? With patterns? Strong OO? Something original and clever? Did they leverage the feature of the language to produce something elegant? Does their code communicate its intent to the reader?
  • Phone interview: evaluate the candidate's communication style. Interviewer probe much beyond what a resume can say and try to determine what the person's technical strengths and weaknesses are
  • Technical interview: probe the candidate strengths and weaknesses further
Some companies may have more extended process, however this gives me basic idea and understanding. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment