Monday 18 November 2013

Equalizer background is up

The only task I have this week is to implement the equalizer background. Frankly, I still felt reluctant to implement something that you won't see most the time. But I was super glad we didn't have to use that pixelated movie background which DOESN'T MATCH the song at all!!

As I previously, expected the networking communication between PD and Unity to get the latest audio data was slowing down the game. I made the equalizer updated every 4 frames (so the equalizer has 4 frames to scale itself to where it supposed to be). Still, it consumed quiet a time.

For the background I created two kind of equalizer:
Audio wave EQ

Conventional EQ
We all liked the audio-wave one but because of the track position and background space, we decided on the conventional EQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment